Once Bessie was up and running Sofia was desperate to make something. I had a look through my stash and found some sweetie material in my scrap section and some dots to go with it. I even found a piece of red/pink and white gingham to use as backing.
This is Sofia piecing the strips together. A lot of help was needed and it was definitely a joint effort but every stitch was made by Sofia.
I decided that because Bessie is a chain stitch machine and Sofia sometimes turns the handle the wrong way it would be best if we used my machine to quilt Sofia's mini. I must admit it was slightly scary because Sofia was in charge of the foot pedal (who wouldn't be - she is only 2!) but about half way through she managed to get the pressure just right and the speed reduced to acceptable.
Once quilted I ironed and trimmed Sofia's quilt. The binding was then put on using Bessie again. Sofia even helped when it came to sewing the binding on by hand (for a few stitches at least!)
Sofia has declaired that she now needs to make a bag!